shift kit , will my tranny last?

85 TR

My car has 94 thousand miles on it and I have only owned it for 8 thousand of those so do not know if there has been any work to the tranny.I want to install a shift kit but have heard that you dont want to put a shift kit on a tranny with too many miles.I have also heard that it will help an old tranny last longer.Wich is true.

Can i put one in or is it to late , i have no problems with the tranny right now and never have since i've had the car.

And one more question ,can i instal the kit myself or do i need to pay someone , wanted to go B&M ?Thanks for any help.

One of the most debated...

questions in the auto trans circle. I believe and this is MY opinion, that it is on a one to one basis. It can affect the longevity depending on condition at the time. In other words, if trans is in great shape with 125 thousand miles I would go ahead. If it has 125,000 miles and pan has crap in it, magnet is loaded, and it flairs 2-3 no I would not. So I know I didnt really answer the exact question but I tried to be honest and give you the truth.:D

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com