You can type here any text you want

shift kit , will my tranny last?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85 TR

My car has 94 thousand miles on it and I have only owned it for 8 thousand of those so do not know if there has been any work to the tranny.I want to install a shift kit but have heard that you dont want to put a shift kit on a tranny with too many miles.I have also heard that it will help an old tranny last longer.Wich is true.

Can i put one in or is it to late , i have no problems with the tranny right now and never have since i've had the car.

And one more question ,can i instal the kit myself or do i need to pay someone , wanted to go B&M ?Thanks for any help.

One of the most debated...

questions in the auto trans circle. I believe and this is MY opinion, that it is on a one to one basis. It can affect the longevity depending on condition at the time. In other words, if trans is in great shape with 125 thousand miles I would go ahead. If it has 125,000 miles and pan has crap in it, magnet is loaded, and it flairs 2-3 no I would not. So I know I didnt really answer the exact question but I tried to be honest and give you the truth.:D

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

Back