You can type here any text you want

Shift points

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
With the new engine I'll be shifting at 5500. With the stock engine it shouldn't be able to get over 4800 to 5000.

I shift when it stops pulling;) I would say 5-5200 should be plenty. I believe stock shift point for the 87 was 4800 and carb turbo was 4400 but I could be wrong.

you take yours to the track?

no... I was curious exaclty what he meant by shifting points as in while at the track, for daily driving, or RPM limit. hate to admit it, mines probably reached about 6k, due to someone hopping into my car and flooring it while in park:mad:

For a stocker, the boys hit it on the nail- for your motor you need to dig and look at the combo better.

if you got the cam and valvetrain for it take it higher.

my cam wont really come to life under about 4200, and I shift right around 6000. I might go higher, but my blower is way out of range beyond 6300.

the cam i use is around.... lets say 226/228@.050 close enough for example.

depending on LSA is where I target for shifting rpm, 108*-110* HIGHER, 111*-114 LOWER.

a cam that big needs to spin to get away from the overlap its feeling in the lower range. gotta help those poor flowing heads with lots of duration.

so I knowing your motors a bit hot, id be willing to say you could go 5500 or so... depending on your cam.

good to see ya Mike,
ive been super busy... I will give ya a call this week.

A.j.

Back