You can type here any text you want

shifters

• Thread starter Thread starter 82v6tsportcoupe
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

82v6tsportcoupe

want to install shifter from 87gn in my 82 sport coupe with column shift. gn's used cable. how do i adapt one to the other?

All Regals use the same column shifters and floor shifters from '78to '87, so the different years/models shouldn't effect anything.

I haven't changed one myself, but I'm pretty sure the shifter cable doesn't connect directly to the transmission. It connects to the column or linkage somehow, because when you move the shifter, it also move the collar on the steering column (the part that the column shift lever would be connected to).

The Monte I got has the floor shifter , but it also has the arm running up to the steering column like on the column shifter, but this I believe is for the steering lock & neutral safety switch.

It uses a cable and is attached to the tranny. If I get a chance tomorrow I take some Digital pictures and add them to the web site to show how it works.

Drop me a email at "fc227@mindspring.com" , I'll email those pictures to you.

Back