Side Exit Exhaust - Am I Crazy?

SpeedRacerX

The exhaust on my car is currently stock. I want something way more aggressive but with little drone IF possible.

I know all about the bolt-on systems out there although I will admit I haven't been around the GNs long enough to hear them all.

I also see that going up and over the rear axle seems to be a pain in creating a system.

I've heard a few videos of guys running side exhaust and I kind of like it. I don't mind be different but yet I don't want to be foolish.

I'm thinking my ideal setup could be 3" DP to a Test pipe with dump with a Y allowing for two pipes coming out of it, an SLP Loudmouth bullet resonator on each side, ending in nice low-profile 1.5" high but 4-5" wide tips out each side in front of the rear tire.

Any thoughts on this? Is this a bad idea?

Thx.

The Pypes system is hard to beat. Quiet but easy to install. A dump with an electric cutout combined with the Pypes system would give you the best of both worlds. There is not enough room after mufflers/resonators to turn back in front of the rear tires not to mention the ground clearance. And droning car is no fun after a while.

Mark Shackleford (mrstage1) built a side exit in one of his cars, but I don't know how to tell you to get ahold of him and I don't have any detailed pics of it.

I've ad a couple cars with that setup and they all droned pretty bad. Looks amazing though and could probably be fine with the right muffler.

Normally I'd jump at the chance but it is put away for the winter. Got close to 8" snow Friday night. I only run water and RMI instead of antifreeze so it's all drained for the winter too.
Let me just say though, when I say it sounds like a beast, it is just bad ass.