You can type here any text you want

Simple questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nashty

WORLD'S FASTEST ......geo
How do I set the autotrigger for data record?

How do I change dashboards?
How do I overlay the actual output on top of the tables in the ECU?

How can I use this to autocorrect the maps?

Can the detonation sensor be trusted to pick up knock (I've heard to the contrary)?

Thanks,

Roger

If you are using the Windows software, look in the online help files. Changing or editing dashboards, setting the auto-trigger feature, and overlaying log files are explained in detail.

There is no auto-correct feature. You must apply changes to the fuel tables yourself based on the corrections you observe in a data log.

Knock sensors will pick up knock. The problem is, they pick up everything else too. Forged pistons, noisy valvetrains, big exhaust, etc. all have a tendency to throw the knock sensor for a loop. I understand that there is a sensor froma company called J & S that is much better??? Not sure if it J & S or something else... someone else help me here please :confused:

J&S SafeGuard info

The knock sensor (actually, it's more of a processor) that Craig is referring to is the SafeGuard, made by J&S Electronics.

At one time I was interested in installing one, and we had a good thread a few months back on the benefits/drawbacks of this approach. You might want to do a search on the word "safeguard," as I think this will bring up the thread.

Ultimately, I decided against installing it on my FAST system -- I figured that it was better to simply tune the engine away from knock, rather than have a processor, even a good one, that reacted to it after the fact. plus, there didn't appear to be any way to get it to interact with the FAST's datalogging capabilities...

HTH,

Jeff

I'm stuck in the DOS world (since W-com wasn't free and $1600 wasn't enough to send out free updates). That combined with a tendancy to stick with what works and an older laptop leave me content with it. PLUS my laptop is dedicated to the car and NEVER goes online.

Where are the help files (online - web site)? Can I download those? That would be great!

All the help stuff is on www.fuelairspark.com. You will see links to it on the opening page. The help files were written for the Windows software but most of it will be very helpful for DOS users as well. The exception to this is the data logging, since the data logging portion of the Windows software has a lot of new features.

So, to answer your questions:

To set the autotrigger, press the <TAB> key. This will display a list of sensors to trigger on. Select the sensor you want and press <enter>. Now press the <A> key. This will allow you to select a percentage of that sensor value to trigger on.

When that is set up, press the <enter> key to arm the autotrigger.

To select a different dash, press the <D> key from the screen you want to change dahboards on. Use the <page up> and <page down> keys to select a dash and press <enter>.

To overlay the last data log you made in a 3D table, just press the <O> key. If you want to select a different log to overlay, press <CTRL + O>.

knock controller data logging

Jeff:

Our knock controller has a monitor output jack that puts out a voltage proportional to the amount of knock retard. Normally, our bargraph display plugs into it, but you could wire up a Radio Shack connector and log it.

When the unit is in the individual cylinder retard mode, the voltage changes with each spark event, to show the amount of retard for that cylinder. For a six cylinder at 7000 RPM, it would change every 2.857 milliseconds. Too fast for most data loggers.

You could set the unit temporarily to the retard all mode, then it would change only once every two revolutions.

The signal is a ten step analog voltage, from 0 to 1.3 volts. Depending on the knock retard range switch, 1.3 volts is either 10° or 20°.

Back