Since when did they build an 83 sport coupe.....

sport coupe

There wasn't a sportcoupe in 83 thats when they changed it to T-TYPE.Those wheel aren't from a buick turbo car of anykind,they look like a older firebird style rim or maybe even a chrysler rim.I agree they are very ugly.I wouldn't $30.00 let alone $300.00 for those things.JMO.

I believe those are buick wheels....

2 weeks ago I was at pick and pull with my bro, he needed a rear from a maverick for his 64 falcon.

I was looking around in the GM section always checking for t/types and GN's or regals in general, I found a pair of wheels in the trunk of an 81 regal....Looked exactly like the ones in that auction, and they both had buick tri-sheild center caps. In all honesty, I almost bought them, believe me they are not as ugly has in those pics.

There just plain steel 14" rims with "soft rubber" that looks almost exactly like cast aluminum, actually I thought they were alum. untill I felt them and if you squeezed hard you could move the fins. The center pieces were perfect, I probably should have grabbed them, it being half price weekend and all.

Those are right-

I have those same stock rims on my '80. They look a lot better with the center caps and trim rings on 'em.

Those are factory Buick "Turbine" rims. Like John said, they're a polycast wheel (rubber fins). They were available on Regals and Centurys from '79 thru '84 believe. They were standard on the '81 Sport Coupe and Pace Car replicas.

I like 'em. :) They are 14x7, most other wheels of this time are 14x6.

An '83 Sport Coupe is like a '87 T Type. Technically not right, but you know what he means.

83 sport coupe/ 87 t-type

Yeah i know but i just had to make reference to that. all that tells me is that the guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

Originally posted by b4black
Those are factory Buick "Turbine" rims.

Rich,

I believe I remember you mentioning those "turbine" rims a few weeks before I was at the PNP, so when I saw them I thought thats what there were, but then I noticed they were soft and I figured they were "fake" turbine rims...guess I should have grabbed them, they had centers caps but no trim ring