Ski boat prices went thru the roof this year

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Went out to the boat show last weekend, and holy cow :eek:
I bought a loaded Malibu Response LX new in '99, and now they are $10k more! A Mastercraft Prostar was $39k. Some of the Wakeboard boats were priced from $45k-$68k. I can't imagine spending that kind of money for a ski boat!
Is it just me or are these prices going up insanely fast each year?

I know I can't afford what they want for new boats! I'm happy with my '88 Sunrunner!

2quik, do you hit any of the boating boards? (like BoatingABC.com):D

Originally posted by Buick From Hell
I2quik, do you hit any of the boating boards? (like BoatingABC.com):D
No I haven't except for waterski.com forums, got a great hook up for some skiing while I'm in Hawaii in March with a local club there.

LOL, that's the greatest avitar I've ever seen BTW!

malibu ski boats are sweet. see any prices on new supras. i know all boat prices are crazy.i paid 14,500 for my supra about 10 years ago and beleive it or not i could sell it for the same. it is mint though.:D

Originally posted by turbot2112
malibu ski boats are sweet. see any prices on new supras.
Yep, I looked at all of them, Supra, Tige, Mastercraft, Nautique, Supremes, all are over $35k for the Comp Slalom Towboats. Even a basic bottom of the line Moomba was $28k!

1. Go to Yahoo
2. Click on Finance
3. Click on Dow
4. Click on 1 y (i.e. 1 year) under graph on right...

:D

but you can always buy last years models new for a lot less at our boat show next month. sometimes up to 10000 less.

i have a 89 bayliner capri 85 horse engine with everything you need to ski or tube ( life jackets, ski rope, tube rope, two person tube, water skis', swim ladder) hit me up
in WI

a boat is a hole in the water you pour money into. dad used to have a 33.5' hunter sailboat... man was that sucker expensive to maintain.

From March till November, my boat gets more use than my GN :D It used 3-4 times a week, and thats the key to keeping something running is to use it, if it sits up alot, then everytime you go to use it, something will break. In fact, I just had to replace the transmission seals, the first major maintenance item besides battery in 5 years! Yet a neighbor of mine spends at least a grand a year on his and uses it maybe 3 times, it sits out in his boat house just rotting anyway :(

Boats aren't that much different than cars when it comes to maintenance, they're just a little bigger hole in the water than a car is in a driveway! ;)

And we use Our Boat as often as we can too...this year, since it's finally snowing and Utah Lake may have enough water to float a boat on past June, we're going to slip ours this summer! :D

You are right 2QUIK, In 2000 I paid $41k for a Malibu Wakesetter VLX with an LT1, now the same boat is going for over $50k. kinda sucks bad.

yup i saw an all black malibu with an ls1 going for 49k at the boat show here. totally rediculus for what your really getting.