You can type here any text you want

smoked by cutlass..long

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ITSNOTAGN

Shadow Master
me and my brother had our cars out today, my (sig.) and he has a 83 cutlass, 468 olds, 9.5:1, balanced, hooker 2" headers and dual 3" exhaust, eldelbrock alum. heads and performer intake, 850 holley, mallory unilite and msd 6al, th375 and 2800 stall. we just got the paint done, but not the rearend yet. still has 7.5" 10 bolt with 2.73's? or so, welded, and 245 bfg t/a's in the back. anyway it has soooooo much torque its worthless till about 50 when it isnt spinning so bad. so i was wondering what mine could do against his, at 13psi or so. so granted i got him out of the hole big time, with some spin, cause it was about 5 degrees today. so hes up in smoke and i have about 7 lengths on him at 70 or so, when he hooked and flew past me like something ive never saw. when i hit 110 or so he had me by a good 10 lengths or better. then we took it for a speed run, with those gears, it would be fun on the autobahn or something cause on my radar gun we got to 165 when he let off, and there was plenty of rpm left. its kinda amazing that such a long stroke motor can rev to 6500 like that and just keep pulling past, although he tries not to. goes to show what a good balance job can do for your performance. this is long but im really bored.

A turbo regal lost??? Thats unacceptable!!!:mad: Ok, thats it! Gimme the keys.....

just kidding, :) dang that cutlass sounds fast.

you guys have to much open road and not enough cops out in the farm lands. time do do some minor mods and wipe out that 13 sec cutlass.

I have a big block Buick Skylark. 462 cubic inches, similar build up as your brother's Cutlass. I LOVE the sound of that big block at 4500 rpm! Nothing like it. I have a 2.73 rear end also. I have buried the speedo several times. Not really sure what the top end is. The speedo only goes to 120 and I have gone WAY past that! Love that torque!

Long rods,yea;) I used chevy sized rods in my 455 GTO to improve rod stroke ratio. It cut down on immediate torque but the thing just pulls flat out and long. Ive always heard an Olds can wind for a v8.

Back