You can type here any text you want

snout on crank stripped out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
How did this happen?????????

I doubt you'll be able to helicoil such a critical fastener? Crank is probably trashed.

i wish i knew,i had it rebuilt a few years ago,just going to use it now and just another set back,oh well

Drill it to the next tap size and thread it. Done deal. Doubt you'll want to do it in the car, tho.

crank,

Easy fix. i have a bms stroker crank that i did years ago. so long ago i forgot the size tap that i used, good luck oc,

Well, there's your answer. Two extremely knowledgable guys in this area!!.

Send me a PM and I will give you a few options. A heli coil will work, but dont know if you can get one long enough. A crank bolt only holds things back, it does not hold up and down. The snout is where all the strength is at. Next size thread will work also.

Thanks
Coach:biggrin:

Send me a PM and I will give you a few options. A heli coil will work, but dont know if you can get one long enough. A crank bolt only holds things back, it does not hold up and down. The snout is where all the strength is at. Next size thread will work also.

Thanks
Coach:biggrin:

True but it's torqued to over 200 ft/lbs. That's a lot of load for a heli coil.

Back