You can type here any text you want

Some help required

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

luvmybuick

Howdy transmission guru's.

I'm having a problem with my transmission and some insight would be helpful. To make a long story short, my problems began when the starter cable made contact with the exhaust. It fried the fuel pump fuse and apparently the tcc solenoid.
After replacing the fuel pump and fuse the car fired up but gear shifting was erratic. The solenoid for the tcc was changed and the car is now shifting properly with one exception.

When the car goes into o/d the converter immediately locks up and the car sounds and feels like it is bogging until i reach higher rpm's. When cruising on the highway, giving it throttle doesn't seem to unlock the converter until it kicks down to 3rd, which, by the way, seems to require too much throttle to occur.

Tapping the brake does cause the converter to unlock and unplugging the converter stops it from locking up at all.

At the risk of sounding dumber than I am, is it possible that the 4th gear switch is fried? (would this be symptoms?)

Any help is appreciated.

Tony.

Back