You can type here any text you want

Something for the troubleshooters!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FreeJack

I got this problem with this 87 Turbo-T I just aquired. Puzzling....

I'm getting knock starting at 5 PSI. Turbo-link spiked at 30 degrees of knock. With that I should be hearing it! But there is no audible knock. The car doesn't skip a beat! Pulls real strong!

I do know I need a new O2 sensor! I'm getting a malfunction code telling me so. Also, the O2 readings are all over.

My question.... Since my car is not getting the proper O2 reading, it must be running rich and with that getting knock? Or... should I start thinking about a new knock sensor?

Any suggestions???

Oh, by the way. completely stock except the Kenny Bell intake.

:confused:

Without a new 02 sensor, don't even try to find it. Fix the code first. 30 degrees of KR? Can't pull that strong:confused: It must go away after in knocks...... then pulls hard no?

No it doesn't.What he is saying is,do you have a Kenne Bell chip in the car?They are known to carry too much timing and create alot of knock,even hurt motors sometimes.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
No it doesn't.What he is saying is,do you have a Kenne Bell chip in the car?They are known to carry too much timing and create alot of knock,even hurt motors sometimes.

I disagree! That's all I ran up until 2000. Never hurt anything! I had good luck with KB stuff.

Well. I getting strange readings... It may be my ESC or ignition. I'm getting weird readings but what appears to have no effect to the engine running or so little I can't feel or hear it.

Back