You can type here any text you want

South Side Machine Lower Cntrl Arms... Anyone???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mzunino

Is anyone running these and how do they perform? I have a set in my garage that I got when I purchased the car years ago and am considering putting them on...Any feedback would be appreaciated..Also, looking at the HRParts N Stuff rear sway bar anyone using it and is it worth the $$$$

I have had SSM uppers and lowers on my GN for years,they worked great. I could do 1.50 60' times with them no sweat.

They are still on there as a matter of fact.

I wouldn't install them unless it's for a race-only car. I've had some SSM's lowers long ago but kept them for only for a short while because they had no bushings and made car ride UNBELIEVABLY HARD plus they also squeaked! I got tired of them very quickly and replaced them with some that had urethane bushings for a big improvement...

Claude :)

I wouldn't install them unless it's for a race-only car. I've had some SSM's lowers long ago but kept them for only for a short while because they had no bushings and made car ride UNBELIEVABLY HARD plus they also squeaked! I got tired of them very quickly and replaced them with some that had urethane bushings for a big improvement...

Claude :)

+1. They have no bushings. I ripped off the lower control arm frame mounts as I was street drving my car.

Go with the HR stuff, you will not be disappointed.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I've had southside lower control arms on my car since about 89 , still performing today 1.45 60 FT , and tons of street driving with no problems. Of course back then thats all there was , now you have tons to choose from. Bottom line is they work well , just set the pinion angle as you should with any of these bars. I dont personally have any experience with the H&R bar ( I run the ATR swaybar ) but I have several other parts from them and there first class .

Attachments

• Gainseville BOPC (e-mail 1).jpg
    Gainseville BOPC (e-mail 1).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 471
They work but have ripped out the frame pass side control arm mount on 2 different gbodies I have had.
Run them if you brace the area up. If it breaks its not fun

Thanks alot everyone for the info;) Sounds like the SSM's may be a little too much for my application. I have also been checking the packages HRParts has for full upper, lower and sway bar kits. Differences in packages pretty suttle, thinking about the street and strip package with a sway bar. Anyone have it?

A buddy of mine has them on his gn for years and now he is going to need frame repair because of them. Do not get them.

A buddy of mine has them on his gn for years and now he is going to need frame repair because of them. Do not get them.

"mygn276", are you talking about the SSM's or the H&R's ?...

I used to have SSM's several years ago but now have gone to a complete H&R setup with QA1 shocks...much better!

Claude.;)

Back