You can type here any text you want

Spanked GTO

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QWIK4U

My buddy came home from NY to visit family and was driving his new black GTO.He doesn't get out of the car good he's talking trash.I personally like the car,like the looks and the exhaust note.I'd like to have one to drive around but not race and to tick him,I told him this.Now, a little history here, this buddy had a Nova in the early 90's and the GN killed it, a 5.7 IROC after that,the GN killed it,a 88 Mustang slightly modded,the GN killed it and a 94 Mustang with a Vortec and yes,the GN killed it.
We've got a stretch that is about 2 miles long that is slightly downhill and the 1/8 and 1/4 miles are marked off.So we return to "The Hill" Saturday night after many years of wearing the crown and line them up.He was so confident in this GTO,hell he started to convince me it was gonna win!!!!He said he was gonna take the king of the hill title back to NY!!!
Well let's just say the GN is still king of the hill!!!!The GTO didn't even put up much of a fight,we ran like 6 times and it never got close.I felt sorry for him and told him to tuck his tail and go back to NY.He told me something though," That damn car has been kicking my A** for 16 years!!!"

If he couldn't beat you with a modded mustang with a Vortec, what made him think his GTO had a chance? Some people....I tell ya...

Hmm...not calling no one ignorant here but after getting beaten so many times....i think i would get that little light bulb in my head tellin me to get a GN of my own......:confused: ....i guess some people dont learn no matter how many times you take em to school...

Originally posted by VIRGIN87T
Hmm...not calling no one ignorant here but after getting beaten so many times....i think i would get that little light bulb in my head tellin me to get a GN of my own......:confused: ....i guess some people dont learn no matter how many times you take em to school...

Yes, or at least come back with John Focre's funny car or something... I just can't see myself losing that many times in a row..

Well you can call him ignorant ...cause he is!!lol A good friend though.I guess he bought into all the hype from commercials and such praising the GTO. We ran so many times cause he was trying to launch differently,from a roll and such as that.I never launched hard after the 2nd run,I actually let him jump out a car or 2 one time just to rub salt in the wound!!! lol:D
I drove the car and it feels like it would be faster just driving it, but so does a Mustang.I tried to get him to buy a 86 GN a few years ago but all he could say was "it doesn't have air bags,it doesn't handle as good,it's an automatic,only 6 cyls etc. etc......"
Like I told him "Maybe so, but it crosses the finish line first".
Oh well maybe one day he'll give in to the darkside.

Good kill:cool: Hopefully someone will teach your buddy that you need to at least have some bolt-ons before even thinking about racing a car that has beaten you so badly in the past. He's from NY, tell him to look into some of the tuners in the NE so he can at least give you a race next time:D Heads/cam/gears and that car will come alive....

Back