Spark Blowout on Alky - What Gap are you running?

Irid

OK after slacking for some time I finally put the PAC in the car. I've never run higher than 17PSI or so before, and while tuning the system this weekend I'm hitting a bit of a wall around 20PSI. Car falls flat on its face, feels like typical lack of spark (O2's are ok, no knock, plugs look fine). Less boost and it's fine, nice and smooth.

I gapped 'em down from 35 to 32, didn't really help. What are you all running?

I ran .035 gap when I last ran my alky. I was running a 30 degree race chip, 93 octane and 18 psi. I have a new set-up now and went back to a street chip but haven't broken the engine in enough yet to turn up the boost. I did install new plugs at the same gap though.

Well... I gap mine at .032 and no issues. But you have to see if the problem is specifically boost related, or RPM related, or ???

I've seen tons of weirdness from these vehicles. You state O2's look ok.. what are they doing? Do you have access to a direct scan? Could the problem be the chip doing so? Do you have another TR in the area you can swap some simple parts like coilpack/ign module? And swap ecm?

And it could be you simply have a bad spark plug. Never take plugs for granted.

Post back. :)

I ran a tight 35. Never a problem with spark blowout.

I did have some chips that absolutely hated alcohol though. Maybe try another chip?

Thrasher92 and TurboTweak worked the best for me.