You can type here any text you want

Spark Knock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
Has anyone had unexplainable spark knock with their car at part throttle??

A friend of is having trouble with his TTA, he has checked the DP and nothing is hitting. If you hold the car around 4-5 psi at part throttle it wil continuously show 10-15 degrees of knock but nothing at WOT at 23 PSI and Razor Alky. I am going to attach the DS file so someone can possibly help. The initial problems that I see is the MAF shows only 100 grams at WOT (T+ and extender extreme), the next issue is a O2 sensor dropout and at the same time the knock shows up. Also the LV8 dosen't show steady as I believe it should. Rename the file and take the .doc off and look at it with DS. Any help would be appreciated so the more replies the better.

Attachments

sydwyndr said:
Has anyone had unexplainable spark knock with their car at part throttle??

A friend of is having trouble with his TTA, he has checked the DP and nothing is hitting. If you hold the car around 4-5 psi at part throttle it wil continuously show 10-15 degrees of knock but nothing at WOT at 23 PSI and Razor Alky. I am going to attach the DS file so someone can possibly help. The initial problems that I see is the MAF shows only 100 grams at WOT (T+ and extender extreme), the next issue is a O2 sensor dropout and at the same time the knock shows up. Also the LV8 dosen't show steady as I believe it should. Rename the file and take the .doc off and look at it with DS. Any help would be appreciated so the more replies the better.

For starters, pull the coil pack off of the module and check the inside of the module. If it is all gooey, there's yer problem. It should be hard. HTH

Back