spark knock

rob nolan

do you think this could be why i have spark kock i just pulled my intake off to put a ported one on done by champion racing i bought from bowling greene any way after i pulled the old one off i noticed that a piece of head gasket was blown out on the driver side i have champion heads plus they are o-ring but it's not using any water i only have about 3000 miles on a total rebuilt motor but i am going to replace it i have way to much money in the motor my mods are champion heads ta49 turbo 206-206 weber cam 009 injectors atr double pump champion ported intake red armstrong volt booster terrythouston down pipe atr 3-inch exhaust plus i've only been running 16 pounds of boost and 43pounds of fuel pressurei've adjusted the fuel pressure down to 38 and up to 60 pounds and i still have spark knock thanks rob

it really doesn't matter what parts you have...if you have knock and a blown headgasket, you have a problem

what does the scan tool say?

my knock retard would show at times any where from 2.0 to 7.1 at times but it would always have knock you can hear it i've been fighting it for awhile thats why i bought a dual pump i had a xp pump in there do you think i'm running out of injector i known the 009 can take you to low elevens or high tens but one time i ran 60 pounds of fuel pressure the spark knock went away for about a month that was with the xp pump in there at the time i did the same thing with the atr dual pump but i still get spark knock thanks rob

are you running pump gas? if so, that is your problem....it matters not how much fuel pressure you run, you are out of octane...turn the boost down or get some better fuel

i am on pump gas and i've put xylene in there with only a couple of gallons of amoco 93 octane i am running red armstrong 93 chip in there plus i've had the boost down to12 pounds same thing happens and when i put my 107 chip in there with 114 octane same thing at 17 pounds of boost thanks rob