You can type here any text you want

Spark Plug wires and other things

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kyle F

Addicted to Boost
This weekend, I got to thinking that I should take out my stock spark plug wires. Even though it is cool to show off to people the little deatails that pontiac gave this car.. such as the 20th Anniv Trans Am wires... I feel this is somethign the can't be replaced. Not only that I would think in the year 2003 there would be a better wire out for these cars.
So, I am in the market for ignition upgrades. What wires are available for these cars and what are the plus minuses for each.
I am also interested in other Ignition upgrades at this time. I feel this is always a solid place to start on any car, because if you dont have good spark it doesn;t matter how much fuel or air you get into the engine... unless its a diesel you ain't making power.

Currently I am using the factory spec r42LTS spark plugs (fresh ones ofcourse)

I am planning on doing some ignition upgrades and installing my Fuel Pump Hot Wire kit this weekend. Time permitting, and finace permitting, I amy install the Turbo Link Boost Sensing hardware as well.

I feel with these things in place I shoul have a sloid platform to build on.

On a further note... Where can I get a good ajustable fuel pressure regulator that is reliable? I plan on adding this when I make my waste gate ajustable as well... which means adding in a boos, fuel pressure, and Knock sensor to the A-pillar. I think I might add in a Air/Fuel ratio gage as well, but I plan on tuning using the turbo link so I am not so sure that this would be a good thing to spend money on.

I just want to make sure that I protect the car as much as possible and do things in small steps to presever its good running condition.

TIA

Kyle,
The stock spark plug wires are pretty hard to find, sometimes u can find them on ebay, but they are pretty expensive. I put a set of Magnecore wires on my car. I believe they have 8mm and a 10mm sets available, and they are made to fit to the car and seem to work very well in my TTA.

The stock AC delco plugs work good. Also for an AFPR there are a number of good ones on the market, i decided to go with the accufab AFPR. It has worked great for the past few years I have had it.

Adding an A/F ratio gauge really isn't going to do much unless u switch over to a wideband o2 system. I have an A/F ratio on my pillar, but I really don't use it too much for tuning... I rely more on the knock and o2 numbers on directscan, and less on the A/F.

U should be able to get any of these parts from Jack cotton at cottons performance. The number is (413) 789-0531. Jack is very helpful and should be able to answer any more questions.

Good luck,
~Murt

Back