Spark plug wires...

blueta

What's a cheap set of wires for our cars? I don't need anything expensive as I just want something now because my ones now are pretty old...I did a search and found red armstrong...I don't know if these will fit a hot air. If they do I'll probably go with them since they are very reasonable and have been mentioned pretty often on here it looks like. Thanks.

Heard good things about Red's (I think company name is Quad Air) wires. At the low price, if I knew about them in the past I probably would have got some. Give them a call, Im pretty sure he has sets for hotair cars [cut to our needed lengths].

Hey, found some wires laying around the house in my "extra wires box". And low and behold I managed to get a complete set of gray wires to work! They are from a ford I think LOL. You should have seen the ones I pulled off...:eek: can you say rust?

Keep an eye on them. These cars can be rough on plug wires. The energy put out by the coil pack is no joke, plus the heat (especially on the passenger side) will kill sub-par wires. I had this happen to some supposedly performance Autolite wires a few years ago. Couldnt tell from the exterior of the wire, but when I touched them they were like mush and felt like crushed charcoal was inside (burnt up). If you start having backfiring/missing problems, you know where to check first ;)

Ive had the Kirban wires in the past. They were pretty good. Price was a bit lower when I got them. Poston sells the same wires also. Quad Air/Red Armstrong has the best deal for a quality wire that Ive ever come across for these cars. I almost didnt believe how cheap they were when I heard the price. I know a guy around here who runs 120-123 mph 1/4 miles with Red's wires. I already had my Magnecores when I heard about them. I must say though, I am VERY satisfied with my wires. Never any issues since installing these a couple years back. Been one less thing to worry about.

Go with Quad Air

I have the Quad Air (Red Armstrong) wires. They fit and work great.

I used ACELL 8.8mm wires I believe...They are the yellow ones in the pics on my web page...Worked great until that damn uppipe cracked and shot steaming exhaust/oil onto them. like 55 bux i think...Good Luck!

John

Bosch premium mag core wire set from THE ZONE

great spark plug wires at great price, 09700 part number for hot air, not in stock, 2 days and 2 dollar handling fee over the 35 bucks for 37 total

Regards