Spark Plugs

While some people say theyve had bad luck with denso iridiums in turbo buicks, they have been miracle workers in most forced induction cars out there. 60-80hp gains are common place because of the fact they eliminate spark blowout under boost. They dont foul and the spark energy is funneled down to a .4mm tip so you get the hottest spark available. .4mm is about .016" in inches. Brisk sells spark plugs that are nothing like everything else out there. They have some crazy designs that have done pretty well in 8-9 second mustangs. I have autolite double platinums in mine and love'em. Back in the late 80's, early 90's, me and my friends use to call champion plugs "foulmasters" cause they wouldnt last more than a day without fouling. Back then we all had the best luck with AC plugs. I think if iridiums cause problems in your car, then Id have to say that theres something else wrong. I would give them, or the brisk plugs a shot. But if you keep fouling like you are, I would think you're running too cold of a plug. I can actually run stock heat range double platinums at 20+psi, while it takes 2 steps colder if I run AC coppers. Dont know why, but they seem to transfer heat better.

Who sells denso iridiums and do you have the PN for an a/c r43ts?? Id like to try them but I know the dumb a$$'s at my parts stores will sell me the wrong thing if I dont have the # I need lol

Any Kragen sells iridiums....probably anyone does. But they're like 10 bucks a plug. All you have to say is you want 1 step colder than stock, and they always know what you're talking about, unless its the dumbass in the store, then ask for someone else to help.

Any Kragen sells iridiums....probably anyone does. But they're like 10 bucks a plug. All you have to say is you want 1 step colder than stock, and they always know what you're talking about, unless its the dumbass in the store, then ask for someone else to help.

Dont have Kragen around here and our 2 murrys stores have woman that cant get you anything right! SUCKS BAD!
Any P/N would be great! then I just tell lug nut behind the counter I want this and I get what I want the first time!

Plus I dont want to end up with a hot plug! I run 27# of boost on the street! :eek:

I always run Autolite 23's. Just happen to change them often anyways since I want to look at them after a day at the track. So if I have to pull one to inspect it, I usually put a new one in instead of putting it back in.

27 psi boost, gapped at .028 or less. Pulls to 6400 rpm...

Right now Im using A/C R43ts and they work well I also change them a lot but hell if I can make more HP Im game to try something dif. :)

IT-22 I think would be 2 colder than stock. With any foreign plug, the higher the number, the colder. With domestic plugs, the lower the colder. I think IT-20 is stock turbo buick, IT-21, if they make such a thing, would be 1 step colder, IT-22, 2 steps. Keep in mind that stock replacement turbo buick plugs are already a step colder than a non forced engine. The "4" at the end of the number is 1 below "5", which is the number for the normal aspirated ones. I think my autolites are APP-24 for stock replacement, which is what I use for 23-25psi and alky...no issues. I get more knock out of an Autolite plug thats 2 steps colder. Heres a cool article about what iridiums did for kenny duttweiler. Try a 750hp gain.
Iridium Spark Plugs - iridium spark plugs fire where conventional platinum plugs fail

Great info! Thanks for sharing that!
And thanks for the P/N Ill be getting some tomorrow!
Off to french road to watch the street racing here in Detroit!