You can type here any text you want

Spark Plugs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Hey last question for today/tomorrow... I am running autolite sparkplugs with a .60 (or .62) tip and am wanting to upgrade to the high performance NGK sparkplugs and wires and replace my distributor with a performance one as well (accell, ECT). but i have a stock block (thats kinda old). the spark plugs offer maximum acceleration (NGK Iridium IX). I am running a stock carb/turbo block and want to get a little oomph:mad::smile: outta tha motor but not a BOOM:eek:!

plugs

I ran autolite iridum for a while usually run cr43ts ac's just cross ref the ac to autolite then went with same autolite just xp iridum same # worked good no fouling hope this helps
Tom:cool:

Save your money. The stock HEI is a very good system. Nothing you add will show any performance gains for your engine.

Just leave it alone. A good set of wires and clean plugs is enough.

High Energy Ignition. GM's name for their electronic ignition system.

for the fuel injected models or the carbed ones??? my car i believe doesnt have that. everytime i start the car i have to pump the gas and its turning into a pain in the A** (was going to put a picture of one on here but i dont think that TB would like that:D:biggrin:)

Your '83 drawthru engine has HEI, It's why your distributor cap is so huge. Your always going to have to pump the gas when you start it, that is the beauty of carbs and accelerator pumps.

Back