You can type here any text you want

spitting and sputtering

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Velon

my 87 gn just started acting up and I've tried maf sensor, coilpack, I'm gonna try plugs, cam seems to be ok, no mal codes on scanmaster either?

check your crank sensor, make sure the reluctor wheel on the harmonic balancer is not hitting it. If it is it will cause the problem you are having.

problem

well, according to this thread, my car's engine has really been acting up. to make a long story short, I sent a ta49 to get rebuilt about 4 months ago, it came back great I put it on the car, the compressor nut came off and destroyed fins on turbo. I sent the turbo back, reinstalled on car and I guess the nut was still in the air inlet pipe and it sucked it back in and did it again. Got the turbo back again, made sure everything was free of shavings, etc, reinstalled, about 500 miles later the car acts up again. thought it was crank, cam sensor, etc. I pulled the air intake off again today and compressor fins are chewed up again! but the nut is still on the wheel. I can't believe this. Oil dipstick shows good oil, no particles in engine. I just hope my engine is not messed up, but what could keep doing this, everything is clean. thanks I guess I will check cam, crank sensor anyway.

Something is getting into that intake tract. If I were you IO would pull off everything in front of that turbo and check each piece from the inside of the air filter to the turbo bell very carefully. Look for anything missing, loose, breaking up, etc. I once had a chunk of Fernco coupler that was holding my intake pipe on break off and chew up my compressor wheel.

Back