You can type here any text you want

Spohn bumpsteer fix...any thoughts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JAMCAR223

Im rebuilding the front suspension, and brakes. I was curious if anyone has used tbe bumpsteer kit from Spohn? Any thoughts...or does it just look pretty? My car is lowered on coilovers.

To fix bumpsteer on a G-body, you can raise the tie rods at the spindle or lower the centerlink... or the cheapest/easiest solution that results in better suspension geometry: tall lower ball joints for about $100 total.

To fix bumpsteer on a G-body, you can raise the tie rods at the spindle or lower the centerlink... or the cheapest/easiest solution that results in better suspension geometry: tall lower ball joints for about $100 total.
Do you have a brand and part number? I would really like to do this.

You need to change both top and bottom to correct the camber curve and the taller ball joints will correct some of the bump steer. This will help with the handling.

1/2" longer upper ball joint part number 721101041. QA-1.
1/2" longer lower ball joint part number 721101091. QA-1.

Summit sells a 1" taller lower balljoint for $45 shipped. The Proforged joints are $55 shipped and are .5" taller than stock. The Profroged are nice because the come with dust shields (racing joints generally do not, so you have to fab something).

Instead of $100 solutions, they want to sell you $500 suspension arms so you have to know what you are looking for. You search '80's Buick Regal or 3rd Gen F-body's you get nothing.

Summit 1" Extended K6145

I have the proforged .5 Lowers and .5 uppers on my T-type. Once I get my TTA running, I'm going to put on the 1" Summit Lowers. If you go too far, you can always shim the tie rod back down. Its harder to raise the outer tie rod.

Proforged Lower

Proforged Upper

Last edited:
Back