Spring Break in Chicago

KansasCity-T

I am a college student and I am going to Chicago this spring break (not by choice) and was wanting to know some cool places to go. I've heard of a few places to check out like Shedd's aquarium, Navy Pier, and Wrigley Field. Remember I am a college student so I can't afford those $50 shows. I figure I would save the money for the night life. Speaking of, where are the fun spots at night?

I'm also trying to find some good places to eat. I want to know where to get the best pizza. Heard that Giordano's is the best. Is Chinatown worth going too for some good Chinese food?

If any of you natives from Chicago could give me some insite I would appriciate it.

you sound like a pretty cool guy...hanging out at the Shedd Aquarium during spring break?

wtf?

Keep it simple...

Go to taylor street and get a beef from Al's, Ricobenes for a breaded steak sandwich. Forget about Giordanos--the pie sux there, try Petes Pizza on Western between Irving and Addison. Ed Debevics is a touristy place but is real good anyway. You gotta go to Harry Carys for the pork chops. As far as entertainment, ur screwed unless u want to spend the cash. The museums wont kill u, I would look into them (the captured U boat is bad ass). Sears tower just to say u were there. Not a drinker at all but Rush street is always on fire. Wrong time of year to see any street racing :mad: . However I could line up my Saturn with Dr. Boost's Honda if he would just man up and line em up!

BRER RABBIT....you want no piece of the anaHONDA!!...

Brent...take it easy , not everyone goes to Freaknick every year.

Most important....

If u find urself on Cicero and Madison avenues, DO NOT and I stress DO NOT think that the girls are waiving at u because they think ur good looking. They are business women and "Any thing U want Fi Dollas" gets u a trip to the lock up.;)

Brer ,the pizza at pete is not that great,try Martino's on peterson and I think Kimbal,if its not better I will buy.....Much better infact...

brent231, obviously you can read between brackets. I said i'm not going there by choice. I was planning on Daytona Beach or Lake Havasu but my friends are to poor so it just ended up my girlfriend and I going somewhere. Kinda of pointless to go to those two places when your girlfriend is present if you know what I mean.

Anyways thanks for the replys so far.

Lou Malnatis!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats the best on the planet...

but the choice of Florida with your girlfriend or Chicago.....

hands down,Florida for the eye candy and sitting on the beach drinkin a Corona:smile: :smile: :smile:

We are in the Chicago area and it has been 20° colder than normal the past several months so bring your long underwear!

I cant wait!!! We got longer day light, now all we need is warmth! Im sick of seeing this snow!!!

Street racing

Wrong time of year to see any street racing :mad:

Brer, I'll be visiting my sister and family in Elmhurst probably the first week in April. Where are the typical hot spots for racing?

+2 for Lou Malnatti's

I have heard that strats in villa park on North Ave. was a meeting spot.
Dont know about this time of year. Probably just a bunch of scions show up.

I am a college student and I am going to Chicago this spring break (not by choice) and was wanting to know some cool places to go. I've heard of a few places to check out like Shedd's aquarium, Navy Pier, and Wrigley Field. Remember I am a college student so I can't afford those $50 shows. I figure I would save the money for the night life. Speaking of, where are the fun spots at night?

I'm also trying to find some good places to eat. I want to know where to get the best pizza. Heard that Giordano's is the best. Is Chinatown worth going too for some good Chinese food?

If any of you natives from Chicago could give me some insite I would appriciate it.

What part of the city will you be staying? Northside? Southside? Downtown?

Big thumbs up on Lou Malnati's pizza!!!
And will you have a car or do you plan on taking public trans. That info will help us direct you.

And metromix is a decent place to start for looking up places to go also....Home - Metromix Chicago

Hang out around the Depaul campus and find a hottie to show you around town.

Or sit around and eat Portillo's all week long and figure out why none of us really move, though we all say we want to. :cool:

What part of the city will you be staying? Northside? Southside? Downtown?

Big thumbs up on Lou Malnati's pizza!!!
And will you have a car or do you plan on taking public trans. That info will help us direct you.

And metromix is a decent place to start for looking up places to go also....Home - Metromix Chicago

We will be staying downtown (Wacker and N. Michigan) and we plan on using public trans. Hopefully that helps give you a better idea on what places we could hit up.