You can type here any text you want

Sputtering TTA at 3000 rpms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
I have a problem with my TTA hesitating and sputtering at 3000 rpms. When you get on it it will run fine to 3k then it will hit a wall like its nosing over. First gear was fine but once the car shifted to second it would hesitate and then pull and hesitate etc. Have yet to try 3rd gear to see what happens. Have changed the mass air and i am about to change the fuel filter which i am sure wont fix the problem. At night the car runs alot better, it doesn't fall flat??????? Any suggestions will be appreciated. I am going to check the fuel pump also this weekend. I have no scanmaster yet as funds wont allow at this time. With this car its one problem after another but i guess thats why i got it at what i thought was a cheap price. PS When i changed the mass air sensor my boost gauge started working???? Also getting some pinging problems. I am going to try a buddys stock gn chip to see if that will cure the detonation, this is supposed to be a stock car. Sorry so long but thats what 6 bud lites do to you. :(. Also what is the difference between the LT1 maf vs stock maf???

Try Coil pack/Module, loose plug wire, bad gas. Check all your grounds, by the turbo bracket and by the back of the passenger side head.

Kma697 said:
I have a problem with my TTA hesitating and sputtering at 3000 rpms....Snip.... and i am about to change the fuel filter which i am sure wont fix the problem. ....Snip....I am going to try a buddys stock gn chip....

You never know. I had a similar SOUNDING problem last month....The fuel filter change did the trick....After a new fp regulator. A bad ignition or coil pack could produce similar sounding malfunctions. Plugs, wires, any component of the fuel or spark system could cause similar sounding malfunctions. Just methodically go through each of the systems and check each one.

A TTA supplement will walk you through each of the system checks. This link might have some helpful information about troubleshooting for you.

lburou......thats a good useful link...just what i been looking for

thanks....

Back