Square 4 prong Plug on side of tranny?? what is it?

GS70350

Round Headlights.Like em?
I have a square black male plug that has 4 wires and prongs that connect to a female plug on the drivers side of my transmission. the male end has 4 wires coming from it that go up towards the engine bay or passenger compartment. But the plug isnt pluged in to the transmission anymore. its ziptied to the TV cable arm on the transmission. does this plug go anywhere and is it important to the operation of the transmission and engine or ECM?? also, something that may help you figure it out is that I have a 84 car with the 87 engine. maybe the plug and transmission are from the 84 and are no longer hooked up. Just wondering.
thanks for the help

square 4 prong plug on side of tranny

That is the connector for the TCC power/ ground and the 3rd and 4th pressure switches. If it isn't plugged in, the computer doesn't know when it's in 3rd or 4th to limit boost in those gears. You also won't get lockup for better mileage/e.t. :) It should be a black connector on the turbo cars and yellow or blue for other combos (3 or 2 wire connectors depending on application)

Ok. I guess i will plug it back in. and figure out why it was unpluged

mine is also black so I know its for a turbo regal. at least I know that i dont have a electra transmission in it. ;)