You can type here any text you want

Squeaky trunk springs??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2buicks

It's NEVER "Done".
Hi,
Anyone have the annoying squeak from the trunk springs? I sprayed some silicone lube on the "rods" where they rest in the bracket...it works for a couple days...but then it's back! It's like there should be a bushing in place or something....is there?? Thanks...Greg

I have never found a solution to mine, but mine is not the latch as mine does not squeak until the trunk lid is open.

Well...now I'm on a mission. :mad: If I find a solution....I will post it here.

I welded my trunk shut, hasn't squeaked since.

No, actually, if you guys are referring to the squeak you get as you raise/lower the deck lid... I lubed those rods where that go across by the rear deck speakers where they connect to the deck lid hinge. Took care of the squeak on all 3 of my tb's.

I welded my trunk shut, hasn't squeaked since.

No, actually, if you guys are referring to the squeak you get as you raise/lower the deck lid... I lubed those rods where that go across by the rear deck speakers where they connect to the deck lid hinge. Took care of the squeak on all 3 of my tb's.
What did you use for lube? :confused:

Wd40.

and if you'd like, when I get home and if I can remember, I can take a picture of exactly where I sprayed it

I also have that annoying squeak - almost sounds like its coming from inside the deck lid,
where the hinges attach. I will try spraying the rods that go across.

Rich

I had this annoying squeak.

Mine was the latch.

After spraying it a few times and then after a few days the squeak would return I used some lithium grease, the thick red stuff in a can with a lid like used for besrings, and a thick half inch artist type brush and coated every part of the latch I could reach.

No more squeaks.

D

Back