You can type here any text you want

Squeeky Speedo Problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Regallager(CND)

Has anyone had this problem with there speedo?, is this something that can be oiled cause this sound is starting to get worse the more i drive. Any help thanks

Has anyone had this problem with there speedo?, is this something that can be oiled cause this sound is starting to get worse the more i drive. Any help thanks

i just greased my cable with a little white grease when it started to make noise. when i first got it the cable made some noise but havent had the issue sence.

i just greased my cable with a little white grease when it started to make noise. when i first got it the cable made some noise but havent had the issue sence.

Ok that is good news to hear thank you, Where did you grease the line in the back of the speedo? was is hard to do?. Think i might try to tackle this one:eek:

Ok that is good news to hear thank you, Where did you grease the line in the back of the speedo? was is hard to do?. Think i might try to tackle this one:eek:

i did it behind the dash and near the trans its a pain to get at because most of the dash has to come out. did you car sit a long time because it only happens when they sit. another issue you get when the car sits is the vac doors on the ac system dont pop and you have to pop them manually the first time to break the rust.

The squeeking may not be the cable. there's a rubber bumper under the hood that will squeek and sound like the speedo also. Pop the hood and put a little grease on it and see if it goes away. If it is the speedo then you can get a tool to grease the cable. Here's a pic of mine. It screws into the tranny end of the cable and you use a grease gun to put grease in the cable.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 57
The squeeking may not be the cable. there's a rubber bumper under the hood that will squeek and sound like the speedo also. Pop the hood and put a little grease on it and see if it goes away. If it is the speedo then you can get a tool to grease the cable. Here's a pic of mine. It screws into the tranny end of the cable and you use a grease gun to put grease in the cable.

where did you get that tool?

OTC sell it. You should be able to pick it up off a tool truck or find it online. I've had it for close to 20 years now.

Hmm think im going to try to find a lube tool local if its not to costly but at this point ive pull the gauge cluster for replacement of my clock i might aswell get a little lube on her. Im sure its not the hood rubbers, i did read about those squeeking in another thread of yours Charlie.The a/c vent doors seem to be working and blow out the right vents, a/c is somthing i recharged couple weeks ago! to fix my climate control. Hey thanks for the help on this issue you guys, makes me want to fix stuff the more i read:cool:;)

Back