You can type here any text you want

SRT-10 Truck!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

703crewchief

My friend has a high 10 sec LS1 car and I have a Buick. Anyway, we were heading to a car show last night and we were going back and forth from a 50-60 roll. He always pulls me on the big end though. He blew by me about two lengths and let off for me to catch up, but at the same time a SRT-10 came by me in the third lane at about 90 MPH and still accelerating. I instantly recognized what came by so I just matted it and gave chase. He already was moving pretty hard, so there was no way for me to reel him in, but I stayed 2 lengths behind him for about 3/4 mile (20 sec. +/-). We probably hit 135 or so before we had to slow for a light, but he never pulled on me. I can guaruntee Lightnings ain't got $hit against that Dodge at those speeds. When we pulled up at the car show I asked my friend why he didn't get on it and pass that V-10 (His SS has 3.23 gears and is capable of over 180mph), he said I was watching your car and I just thought that was another Hemi Reg. Cab. I was offended that he thought a 15 sec. truck was giving me that much hell, but then I thought about it. He was just way more worried about getting smoked by Turbo Six than a Viper V10.

srt-10's run good from a roll but they are pretty weak out the gate for some reason

My buddy has one and were looking to do a twin turbo setup on it before long :)

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
srt-10's run good from a roll but they are pretty weak out the gate for some reason

My buddy has one and were looking to do a twin turbo setup on it before long :)

It's called massive torque induced traction limitation. Put slicks on that truck and it will really get out quicker. That motor has a big fat torque curve, so it's not a question of power.

I agree...if I wanted a muscle truck the SRT-10 is "Da Bomb" as the kids would say.

Back