You can type here any text you want

SSBC Brake kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

I am thinking about upgrading my GN brakes to the SSBC kit. The 2 piston calipers/rotors/pads. Has anybody on here used them and what do you think about them?

Thanks

Brake upgrade

Check with Jack Cotton before sinking that much money.

I bought the 12" Baer from Jack & I am completly satisfied with Jacks service & expertise.

Jack uses Baer on the Pumpkin.

Brake upgrade

Check with Jack Cotton before sinking that much money.

I bought the 12" Baer from Jack & I am completly satisfied with Jacks service & expertise.

Jack uses Baer on the Pumpkin.

I used them and love them why spend the extra money, honestly you won't get much better braking makes a big difference from stock

I used them and love them why spend the extra money, honestly you won't get much better braking makes a big difference from stock

For $440 you can get the blazer brakes or possibly the LS1 brakes. I won't comment on the blazer set-up because I do not have experience with them. LS1 brakes WILL be better than just getting those calipers. They are also 2 piston calipers with bigger pistons and the rotor is 2 inches larger. If you don't mind running atleast 16" rims then the best thing to do in my mind is get the LS1 conversion.

Less work with SSBC and bolts right on. to each their own I love mine and would but it braking up to any of the other systems under 12" rotors and two piston calibers.

Thanks for the info. The reason I asked is that I need pads and rotors anyway. I was curious if it was worth getting new calipers. The stock brakes stopped my car just fine. I barely drive the car and have never had a problem stopping at the track.

So you are saying it is not really worth upgrading the calipers if the stock brakes work fine?

Thanks for the advice. I was on the fence anyway about the calipers. Now you just pushed me off. :biggrin:

Back