Stage 2 block (0016) vs 109 lifter bore oiling differences

Probably production style
Have you seen any Stage blocks that have production styled oil feeds to the lifter bores?

I have not. Although I'm finding out there is very much I haven't seen lately.

I thought all Stage blocks were cast without the oil feeds to the lifter bores. Then later they were drilled (by either the builder or Buick) all the way through from the valley face of the bore into the oil galley. Then after that, those little threaded pipe plugs were inserted in the drill scars to prevent oil hemorrhage.

No?

Have you seen any Stage blocks that have production styled oil feeds to the lifter bores?

I thought all Stage blocks were cast without the oil feeds to the lifter bores. Then later they were drilled (by either the builder or Buick) all the way through from the valley face of the bore into the oil galley. Then after that, those little threaded pipe plugs were inserted in the drill scars to prevent oil hemorrhage.

No?
I don't have a Stage 1 here to answer that question, sorry. I have only built a hand full of stage motors.

No?

So production style would be...... Non priority main, larger rectangular lube holes to lifters for starters.

Its hard to believe, despite the power source book saying the stage 1's have production oiling that they would do this as the stage 1 and 2 blocks are the same casting with final machining being different.

I have access to a few virgin 153 stage 2 on centers as well as used OFC 4.1 stage 2 blocks.

All stage 2's have the pass side oil galley as the main feed and that would be directly connected to the oil feed towers at the front and rear of the valley/china rails. Side note.....all 153's aka ONC ive seen always have the front oil feed tower lower and machined at a angle vs. the OFC variety which have the front and rear towers tall and flat on top.

Very Early stage blocks had the main feed on driver side galley intersect the cam on the way to the mains. Later castings had the oil go from main galley to mains and then up to cam to make them priority main oil strategy.

Stage 2 blocks when new had no passages to passenger side lifters, if the front cam bearing were to be the way to get oil there the front cam journal had to be drilled out to create a passage from cam journal to pass side lifter galley.

Also, all the last castings of the 153 both the all 4 mains being 4 bolts as well as the final casting which would have had 4 bolt front and rear as well as 6 bolt center mains have no provision for internal oil pick up. This requires a external pickup from pan with a external oil pump setup.

Buick did not publish all the iterations of the stage blocks as they progressed through the years and several changes that they made. And there no book that I'm aware of that shows all the changes. They made some alum stage blocks thats never mentioned in books, raised cam versions, etc. No mention of the main cap changes as the went from the front and rear caps from 2 bolts to 4 bolts to the final having 6 bolt centers, etc.

Its hard to believe, despite the power source book saying the stage 1's have production oiling that they would do this as the stage 1 and 2 blocks are the same casting with final machining being different.
I don't think this is what they meant. I think maybe the term "production oiling" means that there is provisions for and internal pick-up to the pump. Then the oil can be routed through the front cover to the oil pump as in a stock set-up. Unlike Stage-2's where the front-center 4 bolt main cap makes this an impossibility. In this case an external pick-up must be provided to a Duttweiler style pump housing or a dry sump must be used. However even a stage-1 can have this deleted and machined for a 4 bolt main.

I don't think this is what they meant. I think maybe the term "production oiling" means that there is provisions for and internal pick-up to the pump. Then the oil can be routed through the front cover to the oil pump as in a stock set-up. Unlike Stage-2's where the front-center 4 bolt main cap makes this an impossibility. In this case an external pick-up must be provided to a Duttweiler style pump housing or a dry sump must be used. However even a stage-1 can have this deleted and machined for a 4 bolt main.
Agreed, Richard Clark and I had a lil discussion on this yesterday and thats our thoughts as well.