You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 intake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Blocks, intakes, and front covers are on and off center. Well, the blocks are on or off center, and the intakes and front covers that fit on centers won't fit on an off center block, and vice versa. As for how to tell which intake you have, sorry, can't give you an easy measurement to check. If you have a stock intake from a 3.8 or 4.1 you can line up the intake flange on one side and then see if the opposite sides line up which would make yours off center. The on centers are shifted .12" in the direction that makes the intake a little longer.

My off center converted intake has a much thinner carb mounting flange than my on center. In fact the on center flange was about 1" thicker. I had it machined down before I put it onto the engine since it looked so much higher I was worried the 90 degree elbow would hit the hood.

Dunno if this applies to all on and off center intakes.

You'd really have to put it on the block and heads, or have one of each to compare. On-center blocks have the DS bank of cylinders moved .120 forward and the PS bank .120 rearward. Carb mounting flanges can be either thick or thin on both on- and off-center.

Front covers: late S2 BMS front covers came machined for on-center blocks. They have no oil pump provisions. If it's a stock or aftermarket stock-type replacement, it's "off-center," in that it will need to be milled .120 for the water pump and crank pullies to align.

Back