You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 questions ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

434nova

Ok I have some questions maybe you guys can help me with.
Is stage 2 heads that much better than a ported champion gn1 heads?
I am looking to go stage 2 can I use my heads and intake on a stage 2 motor, heads are gn1.?
what can I transfer from the 109 block to a stage 2?
Can I use the oil pan, timing cover, etc.
Is the deck height of a stage 2 block the same as a 109 block.
my plans are to transfer my stuff from my 109 to a stage 2 block for the strength with added all forged internals.
Thanks for the help.

First you need to tell us if you have an off-center or on-center stageII block?

Dont have the block yet. Trying to see what I can use from my 109 block. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Basically all of it if you get an off-center block. Unfortunately, they are extremely hard to come by any more.:(

Just my thoughts on your questions below.
Is stage 2 heads that much better than a ported champion gn1 heads? Opinions differ, but few will argue that Champion GN1 stock head design will be more fun to drive on the street and probably cheaper with less fabrication needed.
I am looking to go stage 2 can I use my heads and intake on a stage 2 motor, heads are gn1.? Are they drilled for the extra head bolts?
what can I transfer from the 109 block to a stage 2? Not much, everything will need to be messaged or upgraded.
Can I use the oil pan, timing cover, etc. Timing cover possibly, Oil pan unlikely since you will most likely need an oil pickup.
Is the deck height of a stage 2 block the same as a 109 block. Similar depending on how molested the block is that you find.
Alan G.

If you are wanting to do all of this "direct" swapping over, an off center is a must. Even then you have to question why? Are you looking to make more HP or has it been a reliability issue? There are several companies now selling stroker rotating assemblies very inexpensive now to take advantage if you find a 4.1 block. You are gonna need different pistons and stronger rods and crank anyway! Piecing together a stage 2 takes a really really long time. You almost want to buy it complete and try to sell the stuff you don't need. I guarantee there are several people on here that have bought misc. pieces because they were "cheap" only to find out that it wasn't needed or unusable and took a loss on reselling it. Great that you came here for advice, you definitely wont be steered in the wrong direction.

I am wanting to run forged crank, rods and pistons with a block that can handle 900 hp without breaking. I want to use my ported gn1 heads and ported intake. My cam i will change also. So it looks like in order for me to use my intake and heads i need a off center block? can i reuse my roller lifters in a stage 2 block ? My current block has billet mains how much hp would you say that the block is good for ? My motor was built by rons custom auto. Jack Merkel i belive.

How did you come up with the "magic" number of 900hp? How much are you making now or how fast have you been in the 1/8 or 1/4 with your motor ? I know it is extreme but very well built 109 motors are in the same territory as a lot of stage motors. Track times and power levels. ( Maybe the stage guys just haven't turned it up yet...;)) All of you questions about reusing stuff will have to be answered by your engine builder. Everyone has particulars when it comes to engine building, sorry. Get ready ,$$$$$

My motor made 560 rwhp on 25#s. No track times yet. But I figure 900 should be feasible with a bigger turbo ,more cubes more cam etc.

Back