stage 2 questions

cooled85T

Empty Pockets
Just got the call from my machine shop that my short block will be done this week. I have a couple of questions to try and get my ducks in a row for the next few weeks. first off it is on 0016 off center with bms crank carillo rods and diamond pistons. I had a set of stage heads freshened up for it. I bought a complete stage top end with cam lifters pushrods rockers and intake. Trying to run high 8/9.0 with it in a ~3000# gn street driven 71GTQ for now. First question, cam is 242/242 duration with ~600 lift 112LSA. I'm told it's a little big, what grind should I be getting when I send this to comp and what should my seat pressure be with it. #2 Is the stock oil system and oil pan enough?

Just got the call from my machine shop that my short block will be done this week. I have a couple of questions to try and get my ducks in a row for the next few weeks. first off it is on 0016 off center with bms crank carillo rods and diamond pistons. I had a set of stage heads freshened up for it. I bought a complete stage top end with cam lifters pushrods rockers and intake. Trying to run high 8/9.0 with it in a ~3000# gn street driven 71GTQ for now. First question, cam is 242/242 duration with ~600 lift 112LSA. I'm told it's a little big, what grind should I be getting when I send this to comp and what should my seat pressure be with it. #2 Is the stock oil system and oil pan enough?
I ran a 242/242 on a 113 LSA and made 928 HP. The cam will work for your goals and not really necessary to change at this point. I ran as low as 180# at the seat with 933 springs but would rather see at least 240 and preferably up to 270 with an Isky endurance spring for a street driven application.
AG.