You can type here any text you want

stage II on dyno

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

summit

Lone Star Performance Buick Dyno Day

Here's a few pics from our dyno day a few months ago. Lower left picture is my GN. One of the videos is it on the dyno. 780ish to the wheels at 22 pounds of boost. 274 inch stage II/stage II heads, 88 turbo, etc. Still has A/C, cruise, power windows, etc though that doesn't matter much to the dyno.

Greg Kring
Arlington, Texas
9.05 @ 150

Thats pretty good
I tuned a car last year with a 274 Champion Heads and a ported stock intake and a 234 cam at 26#s it made 808.
We freshened it and changed the cam and di more head nad intake work and will be taking it in the next month or so to retune it.

What are the specs on the cam your running in that motor? What rpm did it make its peak torque and HP at?

Horsepower never did peak on the dyno. It was still climbing at 6800 rpm. Torque peak was closer to 6000 at about 620.
About 650 lift cam. I could probably use a better cam. It needs massive valve spring pressure to run correctly, about 750 open pressure. Roller bearing cams aren't exactly cheap to be swapping out often.

Greg Kring

I tried putting mine on the dyno and it wasn't very useful as far as tuning. I made 820/836 but my tune was super rich on the dyno and I ran a 9.01@153 the previous week with a 10.8-11.0 AFR. I had to significantly lean out the FAST to get it to make that number. I didn't feel the dyno was very acurate and I wouldn't even attempt to run my car down the track with the tune I put in for the dyno. My AFR was in the low 10's high 9's on the dyno. Power was falling off after 5800-6000 and my motor never even sees that RPM range in a pass. None of the info I got made any sense in relation to how the car actually runs.
Chris Lyons
87 GN 9.01@153

Back