You can type here any text you want

stage2 block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dice64

What is the going price of a stage 2 block in decent shape :confused: This would be my last project build for the GN :biggrin: Would like to go low 10s to high 9.90 range.

dice64 said:
What is the going price of a stage 2 block in decent shape :confused: This would be my last project build for the GN :biggrin: Would like to go low 10s to high 9.90 range.

From what I've seen and paid for them: between $900-$2000 for a really nice block. You going off or oncenter?

Big Stu said:
From what I've seen and paid for them: between $900-$2000 for a really nice block. You going off or oncenter?

Ditto on price. I've even seen really nice ones go for $2800 if the bore is smaller than 4.00. If your going off-center,Add $300 to $600 bucks.

Stu,

I'd like to buy a couple of those $900 blocks. ;) I've never seen anything worth using for less than $1500 myself. Really nice blocks without excessively large bores, sleeves, weld repairs etc. are usually $2k +.

Neal

Big Stu said:

750H.P.V6 said:
Stu,

I'd like to buy a couple of those $900 blocks. ;) I've never seen anything worth using for less than $1500 myself. Really nice blocks without excessively large bores, sleeves, weld repairs etc. are usually $2k +.

Neal

I bought an oncenter that needs a sleeve for $500. :D It's a nice block. If you are meaning virgin, then yes, the last one I saw, an offcenter on e-bay went for $3500? :eek: I don't think I'd want to go that broke, but some guys have tons of money I guess? :D

750H.P.V6 said:
Stu,

Neal

What's wrong with sleeved blocks?? :confused: ;)

I have a NOS aluminum block all sleeved up, never used (new). Is it junk? ;)

TurboDave said:

Yes, It's junk. :rolleyes: Go ahead and ship it to me, I'll pick-up the shipping. ;)

TurboDave said:

Did you get those from booher? I remember a bunch of his adds on racing junk about a year ago. Guy had a ton of stage stuff for sale. Pretty reasonable too. The pickins' are pretty slim everywhere lately, oh well. I have enough crap floating around for now. :D ;)

Dave,

I know you're just pulling my leg but sleeves are just part of the over all condition of a used block that I look at. If it needs a sleeve it might actually be more desireable because you can see what the extent of the damage is. If it's been sleeved you don't know exactly what you're getting and you'll have to hope the machine work was done correctly. As you know most OEM Aluminum blocks come with sleeves although some don't. Seems to me you have one of each example don't you? ;)

Neal

TurboDave said:

buickstage II said:
hey everyone,
i came across this surfing evilbay,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-ea...ewItemQQcategoryZ26437QQitemZ4590898939QQrdZ1cheers Simon
ps, does anyone know what this block is?

This is the description...

1.Experimental use only. King Air overhaulded 84" prop. new spinner. 2. Ross 3.17-1 PSRU new. 3.Low profile induction intake manifold.-new. 4. Motec total engine electronic management system. 5. 2 each Buick hi nickel racing engines new parts-never run 272 cu in. 6. Stage 3 aluminum heads-new. Wisco pistons Carillo rods- new. 7. Shop receipts. align bored, etc. 8. gaskets, hardware, etc close to 1,000# total. 9. $24,000 invested-have receipts.

I want a set of those Stage 3 heads ?!? :confused:

must say, to get just a couple of stage motors to play with for an experiment... i think big stu is correct some people do have many.
dam it would be funny to say to someone, that yeah ive got a plane motor in my car. hmm yeah!

anyhow i think it would be iterested how they approached many things like; cam, oiling, inlet is weird (does it come throught the valley?).

... strange but interesting

cheers Simon

BAGN said:
This is the description...

1.Experimental use only. King Air overhaulded 84" prop. new spinner. 2. Ross 3.17-1 PSRU new. 3.Low profile induction intake manifold.-new. 4. Motec total engine electronic management system. 5. 2 each Buick hi nickel racing engines new parts-never run 272 cu in. 6. Stage 3 aluminum heads-new. Wisco pistons Carillo rods- new. 7. Shop receipts. align bored, etc. 8. gaskets, hardware, etc close to 1,000# total. 9. $24,000 invested-have receipts.

I want a set of those Stage 3 heads ?!? :confused:
He probably is referring to the M&A stage 3 heads they sold for a while. Or he is just an idiot..... :D :eek:

thats a very strange looking intake! look's to get its air from the bottom?

Big Stu said:
He probably is referring to the M&A stage 3 heads they sold for a while. Or he is just an idiot..... :D :eek:

I'd say option #2. They're definitely Stage 2 heads. Neat stuff.

Back