You can type here any text you want

stahl converter?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

terbo

I know that this question has multiple answers, but do you need a stahl converter when upgrading, and what does this accomplish by doing so?

thanks terbo:confused:

Yes, if you do not upgrade your converter to match your turbo it will not spool up properly. This will cause you to loose a lot of bottom end.
Just follow the recommendations of minimum stall for the turbo you want. I personally like to go at least 200 rpm higher than the min for faster response on the street and a harder launch at the track.

3000 rpm? does this mean my car won't move untill it hits 3000rpm(s)?

No, not at all. You may notice it takes a little more throttle for it to move from a stop, but the difference is marginal.
I drive my gn everyday with a 3000 stall converter and have no problems at all. I also drive the t-type all the time with a 3200 stall converter. You do feel a little difference, but it spools so fast it's almost like driving a non turbo car.
Also try doing a search on google on “How a torque converter works". This should help you understand it better.

Back