You can type here any text you want

stalling at idel after 30 mins??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G NASTY

i have my car running to warm it up, after about 30 mins the car just stalls out and i have to wait to start it about 10 mins or else it just cranks and wont turn over. any ideas?

temp sender- it thinks it's always dead cold, so when it warms up it starts running really rich and eventually it just either runs like total crap or just dies.
but the sender might be good- look at the wires going to the sender and see if they are frayed and shorting out. i saw this on an 84 Camaro with a crossfire 305- it ran great for a while, then once it got warm, it just died. i bumped the temp sender wire when trying to listen for vacuum leaks, and the idle evened right out. turns out the insulation on the wires had shrunk with age and heat cycles and exposed about 1/4" of each wire.

Thanks. That sounds like the problem because it does smell very rich before it dies and runs rough for about 60 seconds before. I just bought this car. Where is the sender located?

temp sender- it thinks it's always dead cold, so when it warms up it starts running really rich and eventually it just either runs like total crap or just dies.
but the sender might be good- look at the wires going to the sender and see if they are frayed and shorting out. i saw this on an 84 Camaro with a crossfire 305- it ran great for a while, then once it got warm, it just died. i bumped the temp sender wire when trying to listen for vacuum leaks, and the idle evened right out. turns out the insulation on the wires had shrunk with age and heat cycles and exposed about 1/4" of each wire.

+1

there are two of them one is for the computer, and one turns the fan on, ( I think there is another one for the idiot light too?) Go to gnttype.org and search for their sensor location chart.

Back