You can type here any text you want

stalling problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grkgn

hi guys i have a problem with my ta since last year i cant figure it out my iac count are between 50-70 i cant get them down the car can stall even on the highway which is dangerous i tried to mess with it today i changed the coil pack module and crank even swapped the maf from my gn which is the LS1 with translator still no dice i also adjusted the cam sensor it looked a little off my blm are at 134 and i also hear a miss out of the exaust i dont think this car ran right since i bought it 2 years ago but never stalled until last year
1i got turbo tweeks chip with blue top injectors i change the iac but i dont remeber if i bought a new one or had one laying around my turbo gauge works sometimes im wondering if theres a vacuum leak from that but dont know how to trace that line unlike the gn its more visible i need your guys input on this one
Thanks Archie
89 tta # 688
87 gn stock 64,00 miles hard top
87 gn done up 84,000 t top

Wooow!! Were you drinking when you wrote that?! Lotta half info!
I would start by doing the IAC and TPS adjustments according to the book (turbobuick tech section).
To check for vacuum leaks, start it then look at all your vacuum hoses on the main vacuum block (listen for a hissing sound). You can even pull them off one at a time to hear what the vacuum leak sounds like.
I would check for the problems there first.

Get the IAC squared away first.

Can be misadjusted cam sensor.. but start on IAC first.

i wish i was drinking (fast) im just shot too many things going on and on top of that to deal with the cars too i did all those adjustments i dont see any vacuum leaks but the only one im not sure of is the boost gauge does that have a vacumm line or is it electronic.

hi guys i have a problem with my ta since last year i cant figure it out my iac count are between 50-70 i cant get them down

You said it yourself. If you dont know how to set the IAC, take the car to a person knowledgeable with these cars.

Boost guage is electronic on both the GN and TTA.

Back