You can type here any text you want

Stand alone FAST harness ??????? Questions.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UR50SLO

The Reaper
Couple questions on a FAST bank/bank stand alone harness.

The FAST harness won't plug directly into a 3bar map. I put a stock GN GM connector on it and arranged the pins in the same configuration as they were in the connector from fast... Weird.

There is a purple wire (like factory 02) on the patch harness for ignition. What's that go to?

There is no connector for Knock sensor or ESC ... what to do now? I'd like to watch knock!!!!

Thanks for any help,
Scott~

Couple questions on a FAST bank/bank stand alone harness.

The FAST harness won't plug directly into a 3bar map. I put a stock GN GM connector on it and arranged the pins in the same configuration as they were in the connector from fast... Weird.

There is a purple wire (like factory 02) on the patch harness for ignition. What's that go to?

There is no connector for Knock sensor or ESC ... what to do now? I'd like to watch knock!!!!

Thanks for any help,
Scott~

Scott,

the MAP sensor thing is normal. Your harness just had a 1 bar connector, which is different from 2 and 3 bar connectors. GM MAP sensors have always been that way.

Not sure on the purple wire. What does it connect to on the FAST harness?

ESC input on the FAST is pin H1. Hook that to the output wire of your knock module and the FAST will see knock and remove timing accordingly.

Craig.. thanks for the responce...

I'll hook up that ESC wire... I'll check the pin out on the FAST harness.

The purple wire is coming out of the Ignition "patch" harness that FAST makes for the GN. The wire chart says Purple/white. But it's solid purple.
The connector looks like a factory O2 single wire (male) end.
It go's right into the module/coil pack.
Factory circuit (430) Reference pulse
Not sure where to hook that up to?

Good deal on the MAP. I just put the pins back in the ABC order it was in the one bar connector.

I'm final wiring it in the next hour... Hope To hear somthing soon...
Thanks! Scott~

Here's some of the scoop if somone runs into a stand alone new FAST Harness. For the old FAST system.. .not XFI.

You need two patch harness's. One for Ignition one for injectors.

There is a purple wire coming out of the harness close to where the 4pin connector hooks up. This should be colored yellow because it is the knock sensor wire.

Your 2 or 3 Bar Map sensor will not plug into the 1bar connector sent with the harness. You'll need a new 3pin connector for 2-3bar.

Your TPS wires are in the wrong slots. Switch A&C (red/black) or at Idle
FAST will think your at 100% throttle. Switching the wires returns it to
0 at closed 100% at WOT.

Alot of the wires are too long for where they need to go and several unused plugs that need to be trimmed. When cut/fit to your application it's nice but there definatly not a plug and play for the buick.

Hope that helps others,
Scott~

Back