You can type here any text you want

Start Up problems with FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rickerbucks

Hi Folks. I'm just ready to start the car with the FAST for the first time. Instructions call for establishingm contact with the ECU but it says "ECU not found" I checked Com ports. I use COM port 1.

It says in the instructions manual that if contact not made then check the FAQ.

I cannot find any FAQ section anywhere in the program OR the site.

Anyone able togive me some tips.

i have thje ignition on. This is a '97 TA with a piggy back harness wired in.

Thanks

Lets start with the basic stuff.

What kind of hookup are you using on the laptop?

Is it a serial port or a USB port?

You can change the COM port settings on the FAST program.

Click Communications. Click on Ports. ( I think that is what it is) and you can change the COM port from there.

Let us know.

I have the windows version of FAST on a win 98 laptop.

The instuctions say that when I have set up the Comm port and gone "ok" I'm to try and connect but it says "ECU not found"

I tried F2 as well. I'll try agian tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for the replies folks.

Check the COM ports and click the box that Automatically connects ECU on start up.

well try the simple things first like checking the fuse that is mounted under the kickpanel i know that is what was wrong with mine they left the fuse out of it

Ok Well I guess I'm a bit of a dumbass although the instructions for getting started with FAST are a little weak.

I found I had to "File:open:Demo" FIRST and THEN hit the F2 button. that connected me to the Demo program which I then was able to chnage to my parameters.

Thanks guys. I managed to get the car started and had it ideling for a while but then after I shut it off I could not get it restarted. It was too late at that time to try again.

making progress but more questions to come.

Back