You can type here any text you want

start up ?'s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blown96w

i just instanlled a fast system on a ford 408 w a vortech supercharger, and i am having problems with getting the car to run, i can get the rpms to about 1100 by feathering the gas but then it stalls, dose any one have a suggestion or a start up file for a 408 s/c with 77# injectors thanks for your help

I would make sure you have around 20 degrees of timing in the area that you are in (50-60 kPa, 600-1500 RPM).

Also in that range I would aim for an A/F ratio of about 13.5 (to get things started, you can fine-tune later), and I'm guessing your VE number will be around 45.

Just some guesses for you.

-Bob Cunningham

last night i dropped the timing down to a start of 10, interperleted up from there, dropped the ve table down and played with the #"s and found the it liked 13 as a starting point, but as i reved the car the btdc timing was jumping from 20 to 29 and i am not sure what table is making the timing jump that far, any ideas thanks for you reply
eric

at one time i set the whole base spark table to 15 degrees and it was still jumping large #'s is thier a table that i can trim or set differantly thanks

Set your base table fuel at 125 across the board and see what happens. I had the same problem! may not be the right fix but it might get you started.

Jason

check in the idle pararmeters there is a timing offset setting, Make sure it is at 0 degrees, or the ecm will make changes to steady idle speed
Otto

Back