You can type here any text you want

Starting problem(occasionally)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

twinvipers

Every once in a while my TT/A won't start. Will turn over , but won't start. I wait 15-30 minutes and it starts right up. Any suggestions ?

I bet if you drive it to Raleigh it will run and start a LOT better after you get there ;)

A scan tool might record some parameter involved in your problem....Fuel pressure is something you can measure. I suppose you've thought of that already :) I'm jealous I don't have your stable of cars. :cool:

Lee_Burough said:
I bet if you drive it to Raleigh it will run and start a LOT better after you get there ;)

A scan tool might record some parameter involved in your problem....Fuel pressure is something you can measure. I suppose you've thought of that already :) I'm jealous I don't have your stable of cars. :cool:

Can't imagine driving it through the city roads to get out of this SH_T hole !!!!!!!!

Enclosed shipping for all toys will not be good for the wallet.

twinvipers said:
Can't imagine driving it through the city roads to get out of this SH_T hole !!!!!!!!

Enclosed shipping for all toys will not be good for the wallet.

Call me! Get those bad boys to the edge of your SH_T hole and I'll find the time to drive them to Raleigh for you, one at a time ;) :biggrin:

Lee_Burough said:
Call me! Get those bad boys to the edge of your SH_T hole and I'll find the time to drive them to Raleigh for you, one at a time ;) :biggrin:

You got it :D

Hi,
Sounds like the VATS is kicking in.These systems are relatively trouble free,usually the only hassles are with pellet contacts in the ignition lock. Maybe if a key found it's way in there more often.....
Nice stable, good luck on your move.

83ttypecooled said:
Hi,
Sounds like the VATS is kicking in.These systems are relatively trouble free,usually the only hassles are with pellet contacts in the ignition lock. Maybe if a key found it's way in there more often.....
Nice stable, good luck on your move.

I need to find my other set of keys now :confused:

Thanks for the help.

If its the VATS, the security lite will come on and not allow for cranking. In other words wont spin over.

Bet your fuel system is losing its prime. If you turn the IGN on and wait.. now turn it off.. turn it back on. keep listening for the fuel pump to purrrrr.. then try starting it.

Cars that sit.. develop problems. Is what it is. Hell.. cars that are driven develop problems :)

Razor said:
If its the VATS, the security lite will come on and not allow for cranking. In other words wont spin over.

Bet your fuel system is losing its prime. If you turn the IGN on and wait.. now turn it off.. turn it back on. keep listening for the fuel pump to purrrrr.. then try starting it.

Cars that sit.. develop problems. Is what it is. Hell.. cars that are driven develop problems :)

I guess it's not the VATS then.

Maybe an ignition problem ?

If it spins over and doesnt start.. I would bet fuel. Probably pump taking a dump. Its only 17 years old ya know.

A fuel pressure guage on the rail would confirm pressure. If it has pressure.. and no start.. then to cam sensor/ crank sensor/ ecm/ ign module/ etc..

My GN does that every once in a while it will just crank and no start. Do like Razor says, turn your key to on and listen for your fuel pump to wine. when its stops try turning it over and I bet it will start right up.

Just another idea. My car had been sitting for a while when I got it and I had the same problem. Check all those other fuel related items first. My problem turned out to be the oil pressure sending unit. It was shorting out but only some of the time with no real pattern. The sending unit is under the oil filter. Mine was starting to seep oil out the end where the wires plug in.This unit is part of the fuel system loop and powers the fuel pump if the fuel pump relay fails. In my case the relay was testing ok.I can't say why, but that unit shorting out caused the car not to start. Some times during cranking the oil pressure gauge would peg, that's what got me looking at that unit. There are a few posts on the Buick side of this site about people who have had the same problem. Hope this helps.

Back