You can type here any text you want

Starts, stumbles, won't idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Elmr

'87 Regal T-Type Turbo last week started easy, and immediately stumbled, missed, won't throttle, won't idle. Pulled wires off coil, and two posts and 1 wire end were corroded,. Cleaned posts & wire end ... used dielectric grease ... started and idled properly. Actually ran better than it has. Drove all day ran fine, installed new coil after dinner ( Magnovox Type I C3I). Back to the way it was ... won't idle, stumbles & miss, won't throttle. Put original coil back on ... still same. Fuel pressure good, pressure regulator holds vacuum. SES lamp works but not on.

Unplug your mass air flow sensor and see if it runs any better. These are symptoms of a bad maf.

I went to test your theory, but then the car was running fine . I played with it, ran it today, and no mishaps. I took brake -clean and gently sprayed the MAF sensor down inside. One village mechanic said he has seen heavily oiled K&N's coat and foul the sensor from the red re-oiling. I just put it in the garage and I have shaken confidence in its' reliability. I unplugged the MAF sensor and started it ... it ran like crap, stumbled, and died, exactly like when it was acting up. Is unplugging the MAF supposed to smooth it out, or mimic the problem and verify a suspicion? I think you probably nailed it.

Elmr

Back