state inspection stickers and stuff??

charleslong

hello guys,
Do the state of Ga. require that you have a state inspection sticker? Also, im in the air force and i plan on getting Ga license plates, and inspection there as well. I also dont have a CAT on my car, and i have 3" exhaust. Is there a place that will pass my car? I have a Missouri inspection sticker on my car right now, but unfortunately it expires the end of June. Can you guys point me in the right directions?
thanks
Charles

Charles,
Georgia does have emission inspections, but they do not display stickers on the cars. The emission test is electronically connected to the state's computer. The tester gives you a signed form which is required to buy or renew your license plate. There is a "required" visual check for the catalytic converter; although if your car passes the emission test they don't Always look under your car.
Welcome to Georgia and Good Luck.

does your car have one and did you pass the inspection?

Originally posted by XLR8ER
Charles,
Georgia does have emission inspections, but they do not display stickers on the cars. The emission test is electronically connected to the state's computer. The tester gives you a signed form which is required to buy or renew your license plate. There is a "required" visual check for the catalytic converter; although if your car passes the emission test they don't Always look under your car.
Welcome to Georgia and Good Luck.

You don't have to pass emissions if you live out in the country in GA!! Too bad I don't:D

I do though...lol. That's one of the good things about living in the country...no inspections, sniffers..nothing. I could probably even run around with an open dump and not get harassed too much by the local fuzz...:D In the Atlanta metro area, however, they do have inspections/sniffers. I guess it's one of the "perks":rolleyes: of city life...:D In most locales in GA they do not have inspections anymore though...so depending on where you register the car will determine if inspection required or not.

I will me moving to the Warner Robins area, when I first get there i will live on The AF Base.
Thanks
Charles
Originally posted by Slo86GN
I do though...lol. That's one of the good things about living in the country...no inspections, sniffers..nothing. I could probably even run around with an open dump and not get harassed too much by the local fuzz...:D In the Atlanta metro area, however, they do have inspections/sniffers. I guess it's one of the "perks":rolleyes: of city life...:D In most locales in GA they do not have inspections anymore though...so depending on where you register the car will determine if inspection required or not.

I don't think they have emissions down there. You country boys are some lucky mofo's:D