You can type here any text you want

Stealth Tie Down?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

carryon525

Are these still available or does someone have one they would sell me? I tried the website which comes up but nothing happens when you try to order??

Nothing is gonna work unless you verify your motor mounts are not broken. Don't use the tie down strap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna get the RJC brace myself . I have had a strap on mine for bout a month now and cant stand how it looks . Go to RJC's site and they have some videos of before and after the brace . Keith

I couldn't care less what the tie down looks like............does it actually work/serve a purpose? Never had one on mine. I have new BUT stock motor mounts, are these tie downs really necessary?

Last edited:
Its who you ask , The more HP the harder it is on factory mounts . The plate from rjc is the route I'm gonna go and yea HD mounts solve the problem . I got the tie down on mine now , just saving $$$$ to upgrade as I go

I couldn't care less what the tie down looks like............does it actually work/serve a purpose? Never had one on mine. I have new BUT stock motor mounts, are these tie down really necessary?
Engine straps are a band aid used most often when your existing mounts are shot causing your motor to rotate counter clockwise more than it should. The strap essentially restricts the motor from over rotating. Used improperly (most common is over-tightening) engine straps can cause more damage than it solves usually in the form of breaking an alternator ear off. Naturally, replacing the mount(s) is the only way to properly fix the problem. I have used a tie down in the past with no ill effects but I certainly would not advise anyone to use one. I have never used the RJC one but if you absolutely have to use one that's the one I would try.

I couldn't care less what the tie down looks like............does it actually work/serve a purpose? Never had one on mine. I have new BUT stock motor mounts, are these tie down really necessary?
Have someone rev your engine while you look at it from outside the car. You will see how much the motor shifts. The OEM motor mounts are crap and they break quite easily. It really comes down to how much power your making! If your mounts brake while using a strap all the pressure is going to be on Aluminum parts of the accessory bracket, Or the cheap metal from the tensioner and alt.

How big of a job is it to install motor mounts ? Do you have to remove the engine ? Take the hood off and lift the engine ?

How big of a job is it to install motor mounts ? Do you have to remove the engine ? Take the hood off and lift the engine ?
I have yet to do mine but I do know you don't have to remove the engine to do it. You probably have to raise it up just a bit though. Driver side is easier than the passenger. This link should help you better understand what's involved http://www.buickgn.com/hrinstallation.htm

Back