You can type here any text you want

Steering geometry

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttypetex

Adding a shim to, say, right front upper A-arm mount, no other changes, does what? Affects castor, camber, both? Toe in for sure, I'm thinking, but what else?

Adding a shim to, say, right front upper A-arm mount, no other changes, does what? Affects castor, camber, both? Toe in for sure, I'm thinking, but what else?

That will decrease both the camber and caster. The top of the tire will be pulled in and to the front of the car.

RemoveBeforeFlight

It will effect caster, camber, and toe. This will reduce the caster and increase negative camber depending on the thickness of the shim. A thin shim will reduce it less than a thick one. It may pull to the left, right, or not effect it all depending on the thickness of the shim.

Shims are made in different thickness so you can make any where from a minor change to a major change. They go from a 32nd of a degree to a full degree so without more info I can't tell you what it will do.

Back