You can type here any text you want

Stereo Suggestions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOLICKER

Guys I've been trying to find a simple head unit with newer technology for improved sound. I have an Alpine in one car and a Clarion in my other, both sound great with similar amp/speaker combos. My other TR's are using stock head units with line level adapters but do not come close in sound quality. What I hate is the need to have a damn manual with the aftermarket decks in order to set crossover,sub,etc... as you listen. I am not old by any means but someone said it nicely on a thread I read..."you need to be 14 years old to use some of the aftermarket equipment! I figure you can jump in to any production car and figure out the stereo! There must be a reason for that. Please provide any suggestions.

Thanks!:confused:

I have a Pioneer in my GN and Tundra. Pretty straight forward and they sound great. I have had many decks over the past 25 years and these Pioneer units have some of the best processors out there.

I was hoping for something that has power,bass,treble,and presets! Also similar design with black face and white lettering? The best way I can describe it is exactly how "at home" VDO cockpit gauges look in our cars as opposed to some of the other. Someone told me to use a sound processor in conjunction with the OEM deck?

I agree about new radios looking stupid in our cars and being complicated to work. You could always search around for a used "oldschool" deck. I picked up a Nakamichi CD-100 recently and it's black with green backlighting and white letters. The base model Pioneer DEH-1300 and kenwoods KDC-138 are easy to use and cheap, but they light up red. Somebody on this board ads AUX jacks to the factory UM6 and UX1 radios, maybe he could ad some legit line output jacks and you could send that signal to a crossover? Or you could buy a JL Audio cleansweep and adjust to your sound preference?

Back