You can type here any text you want

STi with mods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I was driving with my wife tonight heading back to Papa Lou's to pick up my other car that I left there when I picked up my GN earlier. Lou installed a nice Precision FMIC and ported throttle body on the GN for me. I had not had a chance to set the tune so the fuel was set to max...boost at about 22psi. I'd already given it one WOT test blast earlier...definitely needed to pull fuel since the O2's were in the 830's.

Anyway...as we're at a light and talking...a blue STi comes alongside. I look over and theres a chubby kid looking back at me. Not sure if he knew what the black car was...but he was reading badges and had to have noticed the pillar gauges.

I gave him a head nod and a what's up...he gave me a nod back...
No way we could race here cuz there are three lights real close to each other and they are not sinched.
We get the green and both accelerate light....now he can hear my turbo spool and I get to hear what sounds like a bigger turbo under his hood with a BOV and a fart can.
He pops his throttle at me....so I give a little back...but still no racing cuz it's too crowded.

At the third light, it's red, but only my lane is open, so he moves in behind me and starts reving his engine.

My wife: You're not gonna race, are you?
Me: Tighten you seat belt...daddies gonna race (no our kids weren't with us....I was just being cute)
She laughs...and I was surprised cuz normally she's not big on racing.

The light turned green and I roll into it with porky on my butt.
I go WOT and break loose and I can see him trying to stick to me....but I'm pulling away....
No knock and the O2's are pretty high...definitely not getting all the power I could.
My wife is screaming and laughing and punching my right shoulder
I put about 6 lengths on him before letting out....

He comes along side and is still throttling at me....kid is a hard head evidently...
I leave him be...

Next light...I'm in the right lane...he's in the left...and an SUV is in the middle
Chubby cheeks in the STi is on the other side reving his engine up...
I tell the wife we're gonna go again, but he will get out in front on the launch due to his AWD.
Light turns green and we're off...he gets out a length while I spin my tires through the intersection...and then I real him in and start passing him.
My wife is screaming and punching me again....so as I fender him I let off and end it.

Man....I'm on a feeding frenzy these last few days....back in business, and business is good!:biggrin:

Later I pulled some fuel and definitely picked up a lot more power. I'm still rich....but that's where I like it to be on the street....I don't need to blow head gaskets or spin bearings trying to get it too lean and mean....

I'll schedule a tuning session with SPOOLFOOL2 in the next several days to get a good safe street tune on her...then I'm hunting that Magnacharged Grand Sport Vette...

My wife does the same thing lol, pounding me in the shoulder until I let off.
She is usually the one saying"your not going to let him get away with that are you" until the tire come loose than its "STOP IT STOP IT"

It sure must be nice being the BIG SHARK in the gold fish pond....... Another great kill.

......... My wife is screaming and laughing and punching my right shoulder
I put about 6 lengths on him before letting out.......

Chicken,
Hope you don't look like your NEW attached avatar after the wife beating . . . :eek:;)

Attachments

• Mean Chicken.jpg
    Mean Chicken.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 280
HA!
Gawd I remember that night...

What a bender!

Woke up sitting in the middle of an empty WalMart parking lot wearing nothing but a furry handcuffs and a propeller hat.

Back