You can type here any text you want

stiff suspension after arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

northerngn

Master Monkeywrench
Any of you that have installed adjustable upper control arms notice the suspension seems a little stiffer
i set the pinion angle between 2 and 2.5 deg
wondering is this was normal or if i have to re look at the rear

as a side note after driving about 45miles i pulled into a defunct weight station
big empty lot
no burnout and did a 6lb boost launch on nittos and pulled like a mofo to 25psi so i like that change after setting pinion angle:biggrin:
i can deal with the harder ride if i keep looking like that

just wondering if its normal

-Dan

Did you overtorque the bolts? They should be tightened with all the weight on the tires.

Did you overtorque the bolts? They should be tightened with all the weight on the tires.

hmm good idea Mark
i tightened them up in the air using my 3/8 snap-on impact with a swivel impact socket and a wrench

that being said how in the hell do get a torque wrench up there anyways
ill loosen and handtighten on the alignment rack so the suspension is loaded
-Dan

p/s i still get tons of compliments of how my exhaust sounds
(i bought it from you):p

Don't over tighten the bolts. The bolts have crush nuts to prevent them from spinning by off. Back the car up and put the jack stands under the axle. Now tighten the bolts, alittle past snug.

If the bolts are tight, the suspension can't work.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Don't over tighten the bolts. The bolts have crush nuts to prevent them from spinning by off. Back the car up and put the jack stands under the axle. Now tighten the bolts, alittle past snug.

If the bolts are tight, the suspension can't work.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

your right about the nuts
ill readjust and not get it too tight
-Dan

Back