You can type here any text you want

Stock GN. Whats the best plugs/wires?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G NASTY

doing my spring cleaning in the fall..lol i went to the dealer today and had the ac delco stuff. should i go with that or is there better stuff out there? also what type or plug is best for a stock motor. Thanks John

Is your car going to stay stock? Russ merrits stock appearing wires seem to be the benchmark here. If not, then just throw some new ones on from the local auto store. I ran with stockers for a while, and they were fine.

+1 For Merrit wires fit perfect and look clean, unless your into that colored look

No def not. Hoping to build a mid 10 sec car. I was looking at the kirban 8.5mm with the e3 plugs. Should I go with 10mm? I also seen wires that were stock length but with msd boots. I don't know who makes those though.

Get a set or Russ's wires. They dont pull apart, are black, low resistance, perfect fit, and numbered if you want them that way. AC R44TS plug is fine for stock. 43 for under 25psi and 42 for 25+. Close the gap .001 for every 2 psi over 15psi.

I like Autolite 24 plugs with pump gas and alky, gapped at .030. Also I'm running a set of 10mm Magnecor plug wires. The car runs great and with no hiccups up to 28#.

how are the NGK IRIDIUM IX plugs? are they better the E3? also whats the difference between the RJC wires and the Kirban ones?

I have always had the best luck with regular ole AC Delco plugs on the stock iron head.

Also am partial to the Merritt wires that RJC sells. :cool:

Back